The objective of the Program is to permanently strengthen the sustainability of civil society organisations in Poland and foster civil society with diversity, equal treatment and dialogue at its core. The support is primarily directed at smaller organisations, engaging in local activities outside major urban centres.
The Active Citizens Fund – Regional Programme is implemented by a consortium of 3 organisations:
- Jerzy Regulski Foundation in Support of Local Democracy (leader),
- Education for Democracy Foundation,
- Information Society Development Foundation.
Active Citizens Fund – Regional is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants.
- Budget: EUR 23 million
- Duration: 01/09/2020-31/12/2024
- Coverage: nationwide (but funding under the Program may be granted to activities carried out outside the Capital City of Warsaw)
Non-profit organisation can apply for projects funding in the following areas:
- Human rights protection (including gender equality issues);
- Promoting social diversity and preventing exclusion;
- Building democratic culture and civic engagement at local level (including environment protection issues);
- Supporting the development of civic sector.
In addition to call for proposals, the Program also includes educational activities aimed at the development of skills and competences of people associated with the social sector. These activities will cover topics such as:
- Strategic management and planning;
- Leadership and team building;
- Diversifying of funding sources and ensuring the sustainability of activities;
- Communication and increasing the range of activities;
- Equality language and counteracting discrimination.
In Poland, the Active Citizens Fund – Regional is one of 11 programmes funded within the EEA grants. The support to civil society is also provided through our sister programme: the Active Citizens Fund – National.
The Fund Operator for Active Citizen Fund – National is a consortium of three organisations: the Stefan Batory Foundation (leader), the “Shipyard” Centre for Social Innovation and Research Foundation, and the Academy of Civic Organizations Foundation.
CONTACT & MORE INFORMATION: