We make inhabitants of villages and small towns leverage new technologies to acquire competencies and act together.
The Information Society Development Foundation was established in 2008 by the US-based Polish-American Freedom Foundation (PAFF) – one of the largest NGOs operating in Poland, with endowment capital of over 250 million USD. Our first task was the implementation of the Library Development Program – a joint project of PAFF and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation being a part of the “Global Libraries” initiative. Thanks to this, we have acquired a unique experience of working in thousands of local communities throughout Poland, in the area of social change, with the use of new technologies. On this experience, we are building further development of our organization, in line with our values, which are quality, innovation and partnership.
The mission of the Information Society Development Foundation is to make inhabitants of villages and small towns leverage new technologies to acquire competencies and act together. They can use the Internet effectively and creatively. They have a better knowledge of the labour market and engage in the development of their communities and spend free time together. The libraries, non-governmental organisations and schools involved in our projects give them a helping hand here.
WHY GO LOCAL?
How do we fulfil our mission?
WE FACILITATE ACCESS TO HANDS-ON KNOWLEDGE
WE BANK ON INNOVATION
WE PROMOTE COOPERATION
- We operate on a comprehensive and long-term basis.
- We introduce lasting and real change to local communities.
- We follow up on our activities by performing reliable impact evaluation, reflecting on the implementation methods applied and identifying expectations.
- We precisely define our goals and seek out the best methods of their achievement. We never shy away from experiments or putting different options to the test.
- We are always on the lookout for new methods of operation.
- We analyse domestic and global needs, challenges and trends.
- We strive to keep coming up with new solutions to issues affecting local communities.
- We believe that innovativeness stems from mutual trust and the will and the ability to cooperate.
- We cooperate with the non-governmental sector, business and public administration.
- We create opportunities for various environments to come together and exchange experiences.
- We care about synergies.
- Our knowledge and experience is our input into domestic and international cooperation networks.