We are looking at the local cultural institutions (most of all – libraries) with the aim to create a friendly space fostering the adult education. The materials elaborated within the project will enable librarians and other local cultural educators to conduct the activities raising the competences of adult users. They will also support the development of local cultural institutions as:
- creative incubators,
- social innovation centres,
- intercultural dialogue places.
FACTS & FIGURES:
Duration: September 2015 – August 2018
Information Society Development Foundation (Poland – project leader)
Culture Information System Centre (Latvia)
Martynas Mazvydas National Library of Lithuania (Lithuania)
Oppland Regional Library (Norway)
Reading & Writing Foundation (Holland & Belgium)
KEY PROJECT ACTIVITIES:
- Preparation of the report „Educational experiments in the European libraries”, analysing the hitherto adult education projects run by the libraries from the countries participating in the project and best practices from all around the world.
- The representatives of project partnership will take part in 4 teaching & training events (in Poland, Norway, Lithuania & Latvia) which will give them a better insight into the library specifics and adult education in the participating countries.
- Elaboration of the set of educational materials for librarians and other local cultural educators consisting of:
- multicultural, innovative & creative (MIC) library model,
- materials for self-directed learning,
- scenarios of activities for adult users.
- Organization of series of 4 national seminars (in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania & Norway) and 3 international conferences (in Poland, Lithuania & Latvia) disseminating the intellectual outputs prepared within the project.
OWING TO THE PROJECT…
…librarians and other local cultural educators will receive the package of various learning opportunities, giving them a stimulus to raise their qualifications and conduct new activities for adults. The adult users of libraries and local cultural institutions will benefit from the innovative educational offer, developing the new, creative & entrepreneurial skills and multicultural & social competences. It will also contribute to the civic engagement in their local communities.
phone: +48 722002015